[TenTec] ORION and Inrad 762 vs Orion II CW selectivity and tone

yahoo email barbiekenw at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 19 01:25:18 EST 2007

>>>Many of us who have used an original Orion
for some time prefer 1.373b5 over 1.372, but the
latter has nearly the same functionality (a major
change in RF Gain and AGC Threshold integration
was done at 1.372).  If you are keeping both rigs,
you might try 1.373b5 and see if you like your
original Orion even better when using it.

http://members.cox.net/wc4r/Orionfirmware.html
http://www.ok1rr.com/download.php?sekce=11

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bill (w4zv), thanks much for your note.

I had the Orion II packed for a move to my other location, and did not
recheck the software level.
I am going to verify your comments soon - possibly tomorrow.

On the Orion software level, I am going to try 1.373b5.
I prefer the way RF gain works on the Orion II vs the Orion 1.372, so the
change will be a welcomed one.
And those are two great web sites!

Thanks again.

Ken K5WK/7