[TenTec] Orion power Connector - A Weal Link

K4IA at aol.com K4IA at aol.com
Fri Feb 23 00:31:04 EST 2007

Anyone else have trouble with their power connector?

I think the thing is horribly undersized/underrated. I had trouble  from the
beginning and ditched the wimpy wire that came with the Orion and  am using
the power cable that came with an Argo V - surprisingly enough the Argo  (a 20w
rig) cable was beefier than the cable that came with my Orion!

Problem is the low-budget 2 pin jack that goes into the radio.  Mine  gets
hot and the pins are black.  Now the power will cut off on me when it  starts to
transmit.  I can go back and wiggle it around, expand the slots  in the pins
in the jack to make it fit tighter, but it works loose after time  and starts
acting up again.

Any fixes?  Am I the only one?

k4ia
Craig  "Buck"