[TenTec] Orion II Views

Martin AA6E aa6e at ewing.homedns.org
Sun Jan 7 14:44:44 EST 2007

K5XS at aol.com wrote:
>...   I am truly excited about it.
> (And a bit of bragging:  I was thinking about it the whole time I was
> running the Disney Marathon this morning.  Visions of an Orion II were  dancing
> through my head for many miles.)
> Bernie K5XS

Been there and done that!  (Well, not the marathon part.) It is a nice
radio, but for sanity's sake, it's still only a radio.  Don't spend the
kids' tuition money on it...

My Orion is a fine rig, but every once in a while I realize that my
trusty Kenwood TS-520S can do much of what the Orion can, for less than
10% of the price on today's market.  It is possible for mortals to go in
and repair things, it's more EMP resistant, and there are absolutely no
firmware problems...

I hope you enjoy the new rig!

73 Martin AA6E