[TenTec] #%$^%$ RIT/XIT encoder

Ralph Matheny mathenyr at marietta.edu
Wed Jan 10 12:55:40 EST 2007

My encoder has been "off and on" ever since I got my Orion.  I usually
don't need the RIT/XIT function, but when I have wanted to use it I
considered it a matter of chance.  If the encoder problem is resolved I
may replace it.  At first I thought the problem was software related, but
I don't think so any more.

I have also wondered how many of the "software" problems are actually
problems with the other encoders, all of which, save for the main tuning,
seem a bit "erratic".

Ralph Matheny
K8RYU
207 Gibbons Place
Marietta Ohio  45750

"Professionals built the Titanic, amateurs built the Ark"