[TenTec] Gummy Feet

Ken Brown ken.d.brown at hawaiiantel.net
Sat Jan 13 22:58:45 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have had trouble two or three times with the stick on rubber feet on
Ten-Tec gear. I have two 705 microphones, and on one of them (the one
with a orange red dot) the stick on feet have got gooey and mad a mess
on either the operating desk, or the top of a radio. The other 750 mic
(with a black dot) has not had the same problem, although the stick on
feet look identical to me. Also my Omni VI has had some extra stick on
feet added part way back, perhaps so that the back could hang over a
desk top that is not deep enough, and those feet have also become gooey
and made a mess. As far as I know none of these have been exposed to any
chemicals that would cause the rubber (or whatever it is) to liquefy. I
presume the ones on the 705 were supplied by Ten-Tec and the extra ones
added to the Omni VI might not have. I wonder if anyone ales had had
similar experience with stick on rubber feet? What do you recommend as a
replacement, that will not do the same thing?

N6KB