[TenTec] Omni VI tracking

Doug Charette paintedgun at ecewb.com
Sun Jan 14 09:59:12 EST 2007

I have an Omni VI that works real well, but seems not to be tracking the
exmit and rec frequency correctly with my RIT off. I seem to have about a
fifty Hz difference. I am using the RIT to correct the problem, but I wonder
if there is a simple adjustment I can make.

                   Art WA8VSJ

Art, I just went through this with mine.  Your master reference oscillator
needs to be realigned.  You'll need a freq. counter to do this by adjusting
C-31 on the logic board.  Measure at connector 88.  Adjust so you see
exactly 10 Mhz.  C-31 is located at the upper left corner of the board with
the front of the radio facing you.

73,
Doug W5GA