[TenTec] Omni VI serial control

Duane Calvin ac5aa1 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 11:12:31 EST 2007

I'm not Carl, but the advantage is that the CI-V port interface allows
multiple radios to talk to your PC using only one serial port.  So, if you
have a couple of ICOM radios and an Omni VI, all can be talking to the PC at
the same time.  Some of them even allow (if I remember correctly) for one
radio to "track" another.  An article in QST back in the early 90's
described a homebrew CI-V interface which was very simple, easy to build.  I
ran my ICOM's and Omni VI+ with it for several years.  By the way, the Omni
VI used a superset of the ICOM CI-V instruction set (i.e., it was a richer
set of instructions.)

	73, Duane

Duane Calvin, AC5AA
Austin, Texas