[TenTec] Omni VI serial control

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Tue Jan 16 08:05:18 EST 2007

No, you are not missing anything.  Either connection works the same.  The
only advantage of the mini-plug connection is you can parallel connect up to
4 CI-V type radios connected over the same serial port at the same time.  I
used to have a Paragon II and Omni V.9 connected at the same time this way
and could swap frequencies between the Paragon II and Omni V.9 directly this
way without a computer doinng anything.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain