[TenTec] Crystals needed

Clark Savage Turner csturner at kcbx.net
Tue Jan 16 21:10:31 EST 2007

Check QST, I think there are some sources there.  And from a quick
Google search I find

http://www.mhelectronics.com/comm.shtml
and
http://www.icmfg.com/amateurradio.html

and there looks to be other.

Do remember that you ought not to transmit on 17 meters due to the
unfortunate mixing scheme of the OMNI-C.  You can have problems with
that.

Clark
WA3JPG

On Jan 16, 2007, at 5:55 PM, Danny Shaver wrote:

> Does anyone know of a source for the crystals for 17 and 12 meters in
> my Omni C, which is cheaper than Tentec, who want $25.00 each plus
> shipping. What type holder are they in. From my manual they appear to
> be 4.0 mhz for 17 meters and 10.5 mhz for 12 meters. Is this correct?
>
> Danny N5NBK,

Clark Savage Turner, J.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Computer Science
Cal Poly State University