[TenTec] Crystals needed

Carl Moreschi n4py at arrl.net
Tue Jan 16 22:29:17 EST 2007

There's more specs to crystals then just the frequency.  There is the
capacitive load either series or parallel and whether the crystal is
operated at the fundamental or a harmonic and also the case type.  If you
want something that will work, I suggest you just get the tentec crystal
that was made to the correct specs for the radio.  I've been through this
with other things and it is a bear to get a correct crystal.  And of course
whoever makes this crystal would have to tool up to make just one.  That
makes it expensive

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Drive
Bell Mountain