[TenTec] O II flicker, Part 2

cx7tt at 4email.net cx7tt at 4email.net
Fri Jan 19 02:52:46 EST 2007

Thanks for all the responses:
I am using Astron 35 solely to the OII. Ron, NU1U, mentioned the
Backlight on the menu screen. So I played with that setting and lo and
behold, the flicker goes away with Backlight set on High and is more
pronounced with setting of Low...I had Medium as my default previously..
Backlight on High is too bright for my tastes and environment. Also,
does running Backlight in High reduce the service life of the LCD? I
frequently turn the rig on at rising and leave it on til bedtime...gotta
check those openings!
73
Tom