[TenTec] TenTec 561 Corsair II and Heil sound microphone and CC-1-T4 cable.

KB8OCA kb8oca at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 12 19:58:17 EDT 2007

Hi everyone,

I own a TenTec 561 Corsair II, and recently got a Heil Sound CC-1-T4 cable, as well as the HS2 hand switch and IC microphone with the 4 pin XLR connector.

Looking at the pin layout of the radio, the cable as well as the microphone, it turns out that the +voltage from the radio is not being connected to the microphone at all. The 561 uses an electred type microphone, hence the IC Heil microphone.

I am wondering if any of you is using a similar combination, and if so, what did you do to make this work ?

Thanks in advance,

KB8OCA.