[TenTec] Argo 556/Scout modules

Kevin Anderson k9iua at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 14 12:13:46 EDT 2007

Stuart wrote:
> Good point about the change in the metering circuit between
> the Scout and 556.   Of course, I had overlooked that.
> I wonder, do you remember if the board in your 556 has the
> cut out for the finals plus heat sink?  Or is it a fully
> rectangular board.  I had imagined they would use the same PCB
> for both models, but it does make the 556 a bit more sturdy
> to have a rectangular board filling the unused finals space.

The 50 watt PA is its own board, which interconnects as needed.
The space occupied by the heat sink, when removed for the 556,
is just empty space, with a thin black metal cover put on the
back.

I will have to look at the schematics further to see if there
still is overcurrent protection on the driver.

Kevin, K9IUA

--
Kevin Anderson, Dubuque IA USA, K9IUA