[TenTec] One more essential Scout accessory

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at gti.net
Thu Jul 19 13:44:29 EDT 2007

Thanks, Alan, I checked the TG Electronics web site. It looks like a
quality unit. The "boost during transmit" is an excellent feature. I see
that it can also be set to 15 V for powering a laptop computer. How is
the quality of construction?

For short excursions with the Scout, I do fine with a 7 amp-hour gel
cell battery. I run the Scout at 30 watts out. Other tricks to reduce
voltage drop are to tighten up and clean the power connector and replace
the spring loaded fuse holder with an automotive blade type fuse holder.

				73,

				Bob WB2VUF