[TenTec] Titan 425 troubles, R1 and blown 20a fuses

Denton denton at oregontrail.net
Sat Jul 21 18:32:01 EDT 2007

I have an older 220 ten tec L network transmatch I am rebuilding, and I
notice that ten tec uses high voltage disk ceramic paddling caps in series
with the main tuning air paddler...
I notice that under some tuning conditions, the swr will drift and some of
the ceramic caps will get rather warm, even with barefoot power applied...
I am wondering if substuting the original ceramic caps with 2nF type caps
will stablized the swr drift.