[TenTec] Low power output on Argonaut V

Bob Towers mm0rkt at beeb.net
Tue Jul 31 10:30:09 EDT 2007

Rick Williams wrote:
> Bob this may be the LPF repair as described on my website.  I say MAY
> because this repair typically manifests itself as low power on SOME bands.
>
> The disassembly instructions take you right down to the finals and if you
> need to replace them it's simple to get to them with these instruction.
> Enter the site and the Argo fix is in the "Ten-Tec Information" section.
>
> Again good luck.
>
> 73,
>
> Rick
> VE7TK
>
> Many thanks, Rick.

Mine has low power on all bands, by the looks of it, so it may be the
finals instead of the diodes in the LPF circuits - unless they're all blown!

By the way, I spotted on your website the note about the 1208 board.
Very interesting... I've just picked up a part-finished 1208 on EBay, so
I'll watch out for the problem.

73

Bob
MM0RKT