[TenTec] Transverter Kits

ChasW3KC w3kc at verizon.net
Tue May 1 17:57:10 EDT 2007

The specs on the higher priced transverters currently
available may be better, but the Tentec units (still
available used) have provided a lot of bang for the buck.
When I first hooked up my Tentec 6 meter transverter to my
Argo 556 and lashed up a little tuner that matched it fairly
well to my 88 ft zepp,  I tuned around and there was
Pitcairn Island, loud and clear. I couldn't believe my ears.
One call and he was in the log.  The magic band indeed.
73 Chas W3KC