[TenTec] Factory View of Orion Encoder Failure

Merle Bone merlebone at charter.net
Thu May 3 14:18:03 EDT 2007

Bob,
My RIT/XIT encoder started failing not long after I got the radio. I "worked around it" using the "tug and pull" approach for a couple of years. Last Fall I took my Orion down to Ten-Tec, when I went to the Openhouse/Hamfest. I asked them to install all of the mods developed since the radio was built and to replace the encoder, because of the RIT/XIT encoder problems.

They did the board mods and said "no trouble found" on the encoder and said they did not replace it. Since the rig was shipped back to me in October, last year, I have had no failure with the RIT/XIT encoder. Nothing changed here in terms of the rig control/etc. I don't have a clue.
73, Merle - W0EWM