[TenTec] 2.060b S-Meter "0" -- SOLVED

Grant Youngman nq5t at tx.rr.com
Sat May 12 16:44:07 EDT 2007

> My S-meter needle sits a little less than S-1 .... just at the
> top end of the little black bar.  This is with RF Gain at 100,
> LCW, 600 Hz filter.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.

I figured out why it is where it is.  It's the result of the default
THRESHOLD setting of 1.0 uV.  If THRESHOLD is reduced to the minimum, the
meter zero drops back to where I expected to see it (S-1).

I think this one one of those little "facts" I accumulated along the line
and then forgot.  It also means that nothing is amiss after all :)

Grant/NQ5T