[TenTec] (Orion) firmware update with serial port-less computer

ke5c ke5c at hot.rr.com
Sun May 20 15:28:51 EDT 2007

This may be old news, but I just updated my firmware using an Air Link
101 USB to serial adapter:

http://www.airlink101.com/products/ac-usbs.html

There were at least two other similar devices at the store where I
purchased it for basically $15.  The documentation was non-existent, but
a search produced the above webpage with drivers for Windows 98 through
XP but not Vista, Mac's, and Linux.  The documentation on how to install
the XP driver was also non-existent, and if I hadn't had prior
experience with drivers, I would have been befuddled.  However the
installation went well, and it was installed as COM5.  Updating my Orion
1 version 2 went from there without a hitch.