[TenTec] Satellite Internet de W1AEL in tennessee

KC0QA kc0qa at wildblue.net
Sun May 20 17:25:56 EDT 2007

Hello Folks,
I have used several different systems including tying multi-modems,
multiple phone lines, DUN up and Sat down and sat both ways: The LL
system allowed dependable remote control of some devices. No attempt was
made to use voice communications, data only.  This was long ago and
used, compared to today, very primitive devices.

DSL and or cable is not available at my QTH.  We explored multiple
solutions, including starting and ISP, additionally, we worked with
several ISP for over 20 years in attempts to obtain Internet (now web)
access at reasonable cost and speed.

Today I use Wildblue. Wildblue is, by far the best ISP, for web access.
It's NOT cable or DSL, however, Wildblue has provided excellent support
and service for very heavy data xfer for about 2 years.

I do NOT try to use Wildblue for remote control.

73,
Bill KC0QA