[TenTec] FW: ARLX007 Motorola buys Yaesu

Art Lewis wa8vsj at ameritech.net
Tue Nov 6 21:51:27 EST 2007

Alan

Yes!! Cushcraft has eliminated all antennas that have a boom over 18 feet.
They have stopped paying for freight charges to all its distributors and has
not added any new antennas in the amateur field. Their ham antenna business
is now less than 5 percent of their gross. I would expect them not to
provide any new ham antennas in the near future. Note no adds in the AES
catalog...

I sure hope Yaesu does not do the same thing. I might add that Yaesu has
dropped a lot of service on products that are no longer presently produced
(FT 100 Ft 90 etc). They have also lost some of their key people to Heil and
Ten Tec within the past year.

I sure hope I am wrong, but it is creating some concern.

                                     73 Art WA8VSJ