[TenTec] Using a comptuer microphone with a Triton 4 (544)

W8KZW w8kzw at arrl.net
Fri Nov 16 15:33:10 EST 2007

While I have never used a D-104 with Ten-Tec gear, I use one with my
Hallicrafters HT-32A and consistently receive accolades on my audio.  I have
done A/B comparisons with my Marauder (vs. EV-638) and T4XC (vs. Shure 444)
and 32V-3 (vs. EV-664) and the D-104 always sounds better.

My voice is a bit bassy, so perhaps the response curve favors me where it
may not others.

In any event, I think that in the tradeoff between printed specs and real
world performance, the latter wins every time.

73,
Jeff
W8KZW