[TenTec] OT: RFI from Plasma TV?

Ron Castro ronc at sonic.net
Tue Nov 20 11:47:27 EST 2007

Bernie, I keep hearing about all the awful RFI from plasmas, but I have a
50" Pioneer plasma that's no more than 25' from the base of the tower and
have never had even the mildest RFI from it.  Not only that, but at full
power, there is no interference to the plasma from the radios on any band.
The Onkyo 5.1 Surround Sound system that I added after I got the set got
really bad RFI from 20 meters, but some torroids on each of the speak leads,
the power cord (including the separate cord on the sub-woofer) and cable
connection cleared it up 100%.

BTW, if you haven't experienced HDTV on a good plasma screen with Surround
Sound and with good quality 1080i source material (Discovery Channel HD,
National Geo HD, etc.) you're in for a real treat...you'll never go back to
analog!

         Ron  N6IE
      www.N6IE.com