[TenTec] RS232 to USB for the Omni V?

Michael Brown k9mi at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 26 16:17:39 EST 2007

The person who knows about that will probably be Carl, N4PY. In stock condition, you do not have rig control. I put Carl's V.92 chip in my Omni V and made the special cable Carl mentions in the text. Then you have rig control. As far as using a USB to serial interface, Carl may be able to help you with that, as I don't have a clue.

  73, Mike K9MI

Gary Smith <Gary at doctorgary.net> wrote:
  Another question...

I use my laptop for everything & have a wireless router & use
bluetooth for keyboard & mouse. It would be nice to have computer
control of the Omni at least as far as logging (I use Logic). The
laptop is newer though and does not have a RS232 port, just USB
ports. I really don't want to have two computers running with two
separate monitors just so I can use the computer interface on the V.

Is there a RS232 to USB adaptor that is available & is known to work
well in this regard?

Thanks!

Gary
ka1j