[TenTec] Corsair II & Omni V Filters

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Tue Nov 27 03:02:21 EST 2007

Hi all,

My Dad was always nondescript and figuring out his old radio is much
of the same. I took off the covers and looked at the filters and
sonofagun, every bay is filled. I have no idea what is in the 9 Mhz
optional slot as there's no name on it relating to a model of filter.

As SSB was his interest I assume it's a 1.8 or 2.4 filter, nothing on
the filter saying what it is though.

The rig seems to have a problem; the VFO A light does not light up
and if I hold the "rev" in while changing freq it does nothing. The
only way I have seen the "rev" button have an effect is if I have
VFO B and split enabled. If I do so and move the VFO, when I press
"rev, it shows the earlier frequency.

If I am in what I suspect is the "VFO A" condition (default position
but no LEDs saying "VFO A) and then I depress & hold the rev button
and then move the vfo, the frequency changes but If I release the
"rev" button, it does not snap back to the original frequency; it's
like the rev button has no effect unless split is engaged.

According to the "offset tuning" data in 3-1.6 it should return to
the "target" frequency but it does not.

Ideas?

Thanks!

Gary

P.S.; I really thank you for all the unselfish help when I've reaqlly
needed it.