[TenTec] Jupiter

Paul Gates, KD3JF pearly732003 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 07:47:47 EST 2007

I live in an apt above a church. We may not be a true 2nd floor here since we are 16.3 feet above the ground. I have run a #10 wire from a 8ft. ground rod to the radio room to a brass buss and have all equipment grounded. It has been that way since 1995 and never have had a problem with RFI in the shack.

Paul Gates, KD3JF

JMO1241 at aol.com wrote: I have a chance to buy a Jupiter from a FB ham in my area. But I'm  concerned
about the RF problem I read about, as my shack is on the second floor,  but I
do use a TEN TEC counterpoise and have no problems, but all of my rigs are
old and not computer controlled. My computer seems to be fine while I transmit
and I do not use an amp. Any comments would be nice. Jupiter was built Sept.
2003
John ka2vbt