[TenTec] 219 filter

Jerry Volpe kg6tt at arrl.net
Thu Oct 25 13:01:17 EDT 2007

Paul, you are probably aware but if not... here goes.

The Omni-VI Plus provides signal compensation for the 219 filter in the
form of additional in-stage amplification. There is a jumper next to
where the filter is inserted. I used my Omni-VI Plus for several
years... and in contests or serious DX situations the 219 filter found
continual use. Especially in several Field Day efforts where there was a
full-time SSB station operating 50 feet way about 100 kHz up.

Of course if I didn't need it I did. My relief operators were astounded
(all used FT-1000Ds) at how well the "Ten-Tec" worked in separating the
mess.... and they were all using the model 219 filter by choice.

You probably knew all this.

73,
Jerry, KG6TT

--