[TenTec] Orion II

Wayne Whitman wwhitman at fastmail.fm
Thu Sep 6 21:43:16 EDT 2007

Hi Francisco - I have had my Orion II for about 8 months now.  I have
used it on ssb with the Ten-Tec desk microphone and gotten very good
audio reports.  Having owned many Drake and Collins rigs for comparison,
I would say the receiver is excellent.  The appearance may seem to get
better after you use it for a while - maybe you just get used to it, but
I don't find it a problem.  A good thing is that you can set the color
of the display to one you like.  I have the internal antenna tuner, but
do not use it since I have a remote tuner located at the base of my
vertical antenna for better performance.

Good luck with your choice,