[TenTec] Mic Help

Jerry Colton cornerman at comcast.net
Fri Sep 21 10:23:03 EDT 2007

Hello Ten Tec folks - I am looking for a little help wiring a D104 TUG 9 amplified mic to my Ten Tec 580 Delta. If someone could help me, it sure would be appreciated.

Here's what I have:

Ten Tec (banana type connector) starting from tip down.

  1.. PTT is the tip
  2.. Mic signal Band
  3.. Barrel is the common GND
So I have the 3 lugs to connect to.

On the D104 I have the following:

  1.. Blue & Shield is common
  2.. White is Mic or Audio
  3.. Red is TX
  4.. Black is RX
  5.. Yellow is not used

I have, for years, had trouble understanding mic wiring. I am assuming that Red is (1) PTT and would go to the Tip of the connector, and Blue and Shield would go to (3) common GND..?

Very frustrating for me because I know it's easy and I just can get it.

Would someone be kind enough to lay it out for me using the colors of the D104 wires and the numbers of the banana plug?

I know the only stupid question is the one not asked but I still feel dumb!! Hi hi