[TenTec] 260 vs 961 PS

N4NT mike_n4nt at embarqmail.com
Thu Sep 27 21:09:02 EDT 2007

People say that one power supply will supply 20 amps, another 22, etc.  In
my opinion, it doesn't matter.  Amateur service is almost always very
intermittent so overheating is not a problem.  The components of all the
supplies discussed are fully capable of supplying 22 amps (or 24 amps).  The
only change that would need to be made is in the overcurrent trip point.

Look at it this way: if a supply is rated at 20 amps, then no doubt the
rating is actually 20 amps PLUS OR MINUS something.  Plus or minus 10% gives
you 22 amps.  This stuff just isn't that critical.

73, Mike N4NT