[TenTec] Help me Decide ??

Paul T. Antos wb2abd at roadrunner.com
Mon Aug 11 19:39:18 EDT 2008

I got to play with the Flex at Dayton this year, such as it was. Imagining the circumstances I would be using the radio under, I'm not sure I could type with one hand and use a mouse at the same time, whereas I can type and twist a knob if need be ( vfo, RIT, bandpass). I also use N1MM, and rarely touch the radio, save for tweaking the bandpass mostly, and control what I need to from the keyboard. But sometimes, you just have to "go there"... quickly ... and not worry about overrunning with the mouse. I'll most likely have a chance to use the Flex under contest conditions at a M/M this fall.

But I liked AA6E's idea of having a programmable panel of vfo + control knobs sitting right next to the keyboard.

Paul WB2ABD
O-2 user