[TenTec] Jupiter firmware any news????

Rob Atkinson ranchorobbo at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 13:11:15 EDT 2008

Well now.  Weeeeelllll now.  Seems to me that some of you, and you
know who you are, owe Mr. Douglas Shock an    a  p  o  l  o  g  y.
Don't you?

rob / k5uj

On August 12 we read that....
<<<I talked to the sales manager at TenTec, and there are no immediate plans to
finish the development of the new firmware for Jupiter nor the new card for
the Orion II.  They are focusing on a new radio for the military and that
has tied up most of the assets at this time.  Maybe by early next year.>>>

Earlier on Aug. 6th and 7th Mr. Shock wrote (and was attacked for writing):

It's a no brainer for me. Compare the marketing claims of future software
availability to the history of actual releases. And, it isn't as though the
current versions of firmware are bug free, feature full. I own an Orion II,
and I am stuck with it. It is a very nice radio in many regards so I won't
take that away from it. I am just of the opinion that TenTec made incredible
radios...back when they didn't try to play software company. From the SDR
wanta be point on...they have failed.

just my 2 cents, and my opinion. And...keep your flames...I am past that
point and could care less that you think your TenTec is amazing, best thing
since...
<<<<

<<<<

I wouldn't buy anything from tentec that requires software.