[TenTec] EMP Product Obsolescence

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at gti.net
Thu Aug 14 17:32:52 EDT 2008

Yes, the products my company builds usually have "transorbs" on the
power inputs to take out EMP and line spikes. We also recommend shielded
cables for power and signal.

My Paragon has what looks like a gas gap arrester at the antenna
connector.  I never saw this on any other amateur radio.

For the doomsday scenario I have my Heath HW-100, good as long as
there's gas for the generator!

				73,

				Bob WB2VUF