[TenTec] OT: Ground Radials at Tower Base

Derwin Goliver dgoliver001 at woh.rr.com
Sat Aug 16 12:52:02 EDT 2008

Well now....
As far as radials go. I like to mount my verticals off the ground.
Becouse just a few 1/8 wave off the ground. Is better than many in the
ground.
If I am not missaken. Some thing like 2 1/8 wave off the ground = something
like100 in the ground.
I have a 5/8 wave 20 meter vertical with 3 off the ground (gound plane
style) . Thas I made this antenna is smoken' .
I mounted it on the garage roof in  a tri pod. With 3 14 foot radials and a
matching coil at the base.
Thing is this needs guys. Becouse of its 41 1/2 foot heighth .

Derwin