[TenTec] cabling question re TT 253 tuner

Allan Taylor k7gt.cw at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 09:42:58 EDT 2008

A question for 253 tuner users. I recently acquired two (2) 253 tuners
to assist in automating my station. The
instructions say to use interconnecting cables of RG174 for the QSK
loop. These cables will need to have RCA phono
plugs on them. Is there an obvious source of high quality (read that
well-shielded) cables with phono plugs? Will R/S
cables do? Would it be necessary to use UHF to RCA phono adapters and
RG58 equivalent? One of the tuners came with
two such adapters...

The setup is with an OmniVI and Hercules II amp. I will be doing the
same on occasion but with a Titan instead of the
Herc II.

--
73 Allan K7GT