[TenTec] Hercules II fan noise

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Aug 26 10:16:11 EDT 2008

Mike,

Thanks for the input - I think I remember reading somewhere that the
original Hercules was noisy.

However, Bob Good advises that his Hercules II is quiet, and I just
found a 1990 CQ report where the reviewer describes it as "whisper
quiet". I'm certainly hearing something more than a whisper!

I don't think the noise is being amplified by the surface it's on - I
just lifted it up in my hands and nothing changed.

I notice there's a speed control adjustment on the bias board, so I've
asked TT Service how that should be set.

73,
Steve G3TXQ