[TenTec] Frequency difference in dual receivers

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 20 17:10:27 EST 2008

I've used both my Orion and K3 extensively in stereo diversity mode.
To be honest, I never even notice the frequency discrepancy in the
Orion receivers.  Plenty of soundclips at
http://n1eu.com/orion/diversity.htm and
http://n1eu.com/orion/topband.htm if you want to hear for yourself.
Of course in tough conditions, the K3 subreceiver will be the better
performer because it was engineered to a higher standard.  But most of
the time, the Orion sub does just fine.

73,
Barry N1EU