[TenTec] Frequency difference in dual receivers

pfizenmayer pfizenmayer at qwest.net
Sat Dec 20 17:34:51 EST 2008

I have talked to guys who say the O1 was closer and in fact my 565 seemed to
be more like 3 hz apart - I have had two 566 O's in the shack and they were
both off 5 plus fractional hz. I never worked hard enough at it to determine
exactly the sub hz number. But I can clearly hear the beat in the noise and
signals when both rx are set up with one vfo and feeding to "both" in both
ears . Maybe they are not all the same ?????? One person even suggested that
the DSP reference might be creating the differences ???? I am nowhere a
digital guy so dunno. I just know what I hear and what I see on a scope.

I do agree I hear a slight enhancement as the beat rolls thru but it does
not last long enough to help much if at all.

I think I am beginning to see the picture - most people are satisfied by
listening to the recovered audio one channel in one ear and other channel in
er ear . That would give "diversity" reception with separate antennas in
that as one builds the other might be going down. I am trying to be able to
phase both rx outputs together to a single output.

73 de hank K7HP