[TenTec] Inrad roofer for Omni 6

k4dlj at bellsouth.net k4dlj at bellsouth.net
Sun Feb 17 19:24:18 EST 2008

Hi Thomas,
I have the Omni 6 Opt 1 with both the 500Hz and 250Hz filters plus the roofer for CW and SSB. I bought the lower pitch filter and it works just fine. Actually, you can purchase the SSB roofing filter board and with a few mods you can put the CW roofer external to the SSB roofer board and switch between the SSB and CW roofing filter. Makes a very noticeable difference on both modes. The 500Hz tone does it fine for me. You do need to adjust the IF shift a little to get it just where you may want it but that is pretty much standard procedure anyway.

Like youself, I have given some consideration to buying a newer radio with more bells and whistles and have decided to keep the 6 as it is like using my favorite gun. It just really hears well. and when you know your radio that is half of the battle... so to speak. Have thought long and hard on the Omni 7 and will have to shed off another radio around here to get one.

Best 73 and have fun de Dave KM4D