[TenTec] Titan 425 shelved for 10 years

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Tue Feb 19 14:44:00 EST 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 13:58 -0500, DC wrote:
> Hi Doc Johnson (sorry, I just had to!) what is a good source for the
> electrolytics?  Could you possible supply me with a part number, location,
> or url please.
> Thank you very much.
> 73
> KD8Z

I grab my Mouser catalog first. I like the Vishay-Sprague products. Just
scanning the catalog, probably their 36DY or 36DX series if screw
terminal computer grade. I see also Mallory CGS and Cornell Dubilier
DCMC computer grades. For axial lead types, the Sprague Atoms type TVA
have been good. www.mouser.com

Then I check Digi-Key www.digi-key.com. Have to spend more money with
them to keep getting the full catalog but its all on line, just slow at
28K dial up.

I've had troubles with Newark and they are way down my list. Allied also
has a good selection but they believe in higher prices. Both Allied and
Newark are slow to deliver. I've found I can get my parts from Mouser or
Digi-Key (surcharge for orders under $25 the last I looked) faster than
I could get quotes from Allied or Newark and I used to have an account
at Newark. After they treated me poorly a few years back, I told their
local rep about how I was treated and that the devil would be looking
for hot coffee or they would be the only place in the world that had the
part I needed before I ordered again. And now its rare that I get their
catalog. She remembers.

73, jerry, K0CQ