[TenTec] Older rigs for digital modes

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Sat Jan 12 10:33:01 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-01-12 at 10:09 -0500, JT Croteau wrote:
> What would be a good older TT rig suitable for audio-generated digital
> modes such as AFSK RTTY, PSK, and Olivia (my modes of interest)? Would
> the Corsair and Corsair II and Omni V be about as far back as one
> could go?
>
> Thanks

RTTY is less particular about frequency and fldigi has AFC to follow
drifts. I've not noticed the AFC on PSK and so far I've not copied any
Olivia. We've been running RTTY with analogue radios for 40 or so years
HF RTTY has been a legal mode. Worked good enough. PSK and Olivia are
probably more picky and may demand the stability of the synthesized VFO
in the Omni V and later.

73, Jerry, K0CQ