[TenTec] Corsair II Frequency Warble

banda5 at comcast.net banda5 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 14 10:50:25 EST 2008

Gents,
Recently aquired a 'New' Corsair II over here, and have been enjoying going through it.
Just wanted to say that I have learned so much reading these boards and thanks.
I successfully isolated a Corsair II warble problem to a bad thumbwheel 10k pot R3 on the oscillator mixer board that was causing fast freq jumps (Not drift) back and forth about 125Hz. Sounded like a sick puppy. Hopefully the boys in TN will be able to supply a replacement. Only this AM in anticipation of finally sharing somthing here in return for other Corsair II owners, I found a very relevant post by Mr. Bob Towers: http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/TenTec/2004-04/msg00039.html
I should have known the answer was already in here somewhere.
Thanks again,
Aaron / N9SKN