[TenTec] 425 titan

Mike Gorniak mgorniak at genesiswireless.us
Fri Jan 18 12:22:43 EST 2008

Steve,

I'll second that! As far as I know, there is no protection for Grid
Overdrive on the 425. There is an "Overdrive" LED that indicates that
too much power is being applied to the amplifier. The 3CX800A7 grids
have limited power dissipation capability, and they are expensive to
replace. My advice is to make a tuning chart that includes the
transceiver (or transmitter) Output Power as part of the reference. That
way, you don't have to push the grids too hard before knowing where "too
hard" is each time you tune up.

73,

Mike
NM7X