[TenTec] Omni V display/noise problems

Bruce and Kathy Ellis ellis at means.net
Fri Jan 18 22:32:05 EST 2008

New to the list, so I hope this is not a FAQ.  My OMNI V has a long standing problem with the display.  When powering up, the rightmost (least significant digit) shows up on the leftmost part of the display.  Either cycling the power off/on or using the reset resets the display properly.  Also my V has the problen with hiss noise cycling with the AGC.  I recall that there was a fix for that.  I have been off the air for > 10 years so have been out of touch with latest developments.  Any help greatly appreciated.

Bruce  W0BF