[TenTec] Omni V display/noise problems

Joe Roberts jroberts at io.com
Sat Jan 19 01:13:02 EST 2008

For display irregularities, first order of business is to clean the
power connections on the back of the rig and the contacts from the plug
from the power supply with some Deoxit and pipe cleaners.

Might not sound like the logical place to look for the problem of freaky
display behavior, but often it is the cause. Worked for me, more than once.

Next I would clean and reseat ribbon connectors heading up to the
display area.

For hiss reduction, TT has a hiss mod that reduces the drive to the
product detector. Or check this post from W3TS, which overlaps with the
TT suggestions:

http://lists.contesting.com/_tentec/2005-01/msg00681.html

That "product detector mod" makes a HUGE difference in the listenability
and good audio behavior of the radio. Well worth the trouble.

Joe N5KAT