[TenTec] Corsair II and Icom as 2nd rx

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson geraldj at storm.weather.net
Fri Jul 18 14:35:45 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-07-18 at 13:03 -0500, Rob Atkinson wrote:
> I used to have a Corsair II and I thought there was an arrangement
> (which I wish all rigs had) with a rear panel jack, either UHF or
> phono, can't remember which, and a little slide switch that determined
> whether the jack could be used for a second rx antenna or a second
> external receiver.  You flip the switch to the correct position,
> connect a jumper from the Corsair back panel jack to the Icom and
> you're in business, just don't accidentally transmit with the Icom
> rig.   Or is my memory flawed?  Maybe it's only on later Corsairs
> along with the amp keying loop.
>
> 73,
>
> rob / k5uj

Close, but works differently. That switch unhooks the internal receiver
from the TR diodes so the receiver can use a different antenna. Like
listening on 160 with a Beverage and transmitting with a dipole or
vertical. But you could hang the second receiver on that Receive Antenna
jack and close the separation switch and run the two receiver front ends
in parallel.  Or by unhooking one wire at the LL driver board, only run
the external receiver. Much easier than the external relay, you still
need to use QSK or Tr outputs to mute the second receiver. My manual
suggests simply connecting the second receiver to the Receive Antenna
jack, it doesn't discuss control of the second receiver.

73, Jerry, K0CQ