[TenTec] OT Antenna Tuners

Alfred Lorona w6wqc at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 21 00:29:55 EDT 2008

Ken wrote:

> Perhaps I did not state very clearly what I meant to say, however your
> writing seems to confirm what I meant to say. What I meant to say is that
> given a single configuration of  L and C in an L network, and by
> configuration I mean where the C is and where the L is with respect to the
> source and load, and which one is shunting and which one is in series,
> there is only one set of values that gives a solution. If you move the
> parts around in different configurations, there will be different
> solutions. Have I got this right?

Oh, Yes. Absolutely. Notice that in my first example the position or
location of the L and C are interchanged but their values are different.
Yes, for a given location of the L and C you correctly state that there is
only one set of values that provide the match.

One of the beauties of the L network is that we have a choice of values for
the L and C depending on their location or position relative to each other.
This makes it possible to choose the lowest loss configuration from the mix.

73, AL