[TenTec] TT Centurion

Gary Hoffman ghoffman at spacetech.com
Thu Jun 12 17:12:41 EDT 2008

Doyle,

I've seen two, exactly opposite, views on this.

One view says yes, run them.  The heat from the filaments is supposed to
activate the getter materials and absorb any stray gas.  Thus preventing a
failure.

The opposite view - No, don't bother.  The filaments are not hot enough to
do any good.

So.....take your choice.  Its almost as bad as the arguments about VHF
glitching in amps, with about equally divided views as to whether this
actually exists at all.

73 de Gary, AA2IZ