[TenTec] OmniVI and Centurion Amp

Rick Denney rick at rickdenney.com
Mon Mar 31 14:36:56 EDT 2008

john.brewer at us.schneider-electric.com writes...

> I'm using this pair, mostly with CW, and wondering if the system is designed with the
> appropriate delays to avoid hot switching.  I know the T/R relay was replaced on the last trip
> to TT. I am using it in full break in mode of course.

All of the Ten Tec amps have the keying loop for QSK, it seems to me.
My understanding of this operation is that the exciter won't excite
until the amp says it's okay. The design specifically prevents
hot-switching while still providing fast QSK.

It's an issue I'm pondering right now, even for non-QSK operation on
SSB.

Rick, KR9D